[Rdo-list] RDO bookmarks - Feedback requested

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Fri Feb 27 10:44:40 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 06:41 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Based on comments received on list and offlist, I've updated
> https://openstack.redhat.com/images/bookmark/rdo_bookmark.odt and would
> appreciate a few more sets of eyes on it before we send it off to the
> printer.

Show available services:
nova service-list

I still think this should be removed. Why is this a important command to
manage instances?

Creating a new volume:
cinder create --display-name <name> <size in GB>

Should be converted to python-openstackclient, too.

The alignment of the parameters should be unified.

Examples for different alignments of parameters:

openstack volume create <volume-name> \
          --image <image> --size <size in GB>

openstack server migrate <server-name> \
  --live <target>

Maybe planet.openstack.org is an other useful URL that should be listed.

HTH, Christian.