[Rdo-list] What RH Tempest is best to be used against Kilo?

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 19:58:29 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 02:17 PM, Kaul, Yaniv wrote:
> [...]
Yes, that was intended. config_tempest only creates entries when there
is supposed to be a difference with the defaults on master, and this is
no longer the case for volume.
> - 'Backups' become 'backups' in volume-feature-enabled in etc/tempest.conf. I'm removing it, as I don't test backup in Cinder.
This is due to a fix that came in from upstream master in whether the
'name' or 'alias' is used to label an extension so this is also expected.
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/commit/54176ce7b1469158e43a60cda9c5382001cbd40f
> - I can't seem to NOT run the backup test (tempest.api.volume.admin.test_volumes_backup.VolumesBackupsV1Test.test_volume_backup_create_get_detailed_list_restore_delete[gate,smoke]) although:
>
> [root at lg528 ~]# grep -ci backup tempest/etc/tempest.conf
> 0
>
> The rest is fine.
Great, glad to hear. It should be clear that the contents of
tempest.conf changes frequently and any code that is doing processing on
the contents of that file is subject to breaking at various times. This
is true whether using the red hat version or pure upstream.

  -David