[Rdo-list] What RH Tempest is best to be used against Kilo?

Tal Kammer tkammer at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 17:21:28 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> Is master or Juno more updated?
> I’m afraid both are not updated to remove the XML tests which are already
> gone in upstream.

Yaniv, I believe you have an outdated local branch..

tkammer at tkammer redhat-tempest$ git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
# (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

tkammer at tkammer redhat-tempest$ git log | grep 'removes the xml' -C6
commit e5e7a50909d3e91e5e98e851ae764fe897eca648
Author: Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org>
Date: Wed Nov 26 11:00:10 2014 -0500

Remove unused xml config options

This patch removes the xml configuration options from tempest. Since
the xml testing has all been removed from tempest these options no
longer do anything, so let's just remove them from config.

Change-Id: I5b3e221d942e09134024b82acaf179dc869357e0

If you prefer the GUI version (for example), you can see this also on github that the XML is not part of the master branch anymore:
https://github.com/redhat-openstack/tempest/tree/master/tempest/services/identity/v3
https://github.com/redhat-openstack/tempest/tree/juno/tempest/services/identity/v3

> Are there any plans to contribute tempest-config upstream? (probably the only
> reason I still use RH’s fork?).
> Y.

Yes, David Kranz initiated a push of the tool upstream.
In any case, we have implemented an automation system around the sync with upstream branch.
As of about two weeks ago, our master branch will always be in sync with upstream master (maybe a couple of days behind as we still in the process of deciding if the update should happen daily/weekly/etc).

Tal Kammer
Automation and infra Team Lead, Openstack platform.
Red Hat Israel