[Rdo-list] RDO bookmarks - Feedback requested

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Thu Feb 19 08:34:38 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 05:20 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Some of you have seen the RDO bookmarks that I hand out at various
> events. They were designed 2 years ago by Dave Neary, and have been
> updated a few times since then. It's time for another refresh to reflect
> the changes in the OpenStack world.

It is a great idea.

> I'm also planning to remove the bit of the bookmark that lists project
> names and definitions, since that was already somewhat out of date, and
> is even more so given Thierry's blog post from yesterday.

+1

The 'nova-manage service list' command should be replaced with 'nova
service-list' or should be removed. I would prefer to remove it because
it is not related to the topic 'Managing instances'.

It would be nice to have the commands to manage/assign floating IP
addresses.

Maybe it should be mentioned how to create a new network and a new
subnetwork with neutron.

It should be 'glance image-list' (at the moment it is 'glance-image-list').

It should be 'packstack --allinone' (at the moment it is 'packstack
-allinone').

It would be nice to list http://docs.openstack.org as a useful URL.

Regarding trystack.org: Is it still not possible to use trystack.org
without a Facebook account?

Christian.