[Rdo-list] Query on RDO networking

Elías David elias.moreno.tec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:39:48 UTC 2015

As far as I remember, the br-ex situation was tricky on rdo. You could read
something about it here:
https://openstack.redhat.com/Neutron_with_existing_external_network (could
be obsolete)

At some point, rdo was able to add br-ex, but did it wrong, leaving users
without connectivity, there was some work/patch on the way to fix how
puppet handled br-ex setup (as per document above) but I don't know what
happened to it.

In my own experience (haven't tested packstack since icehouse), having
br-ex already configured with an slave connected to the external network
prior to running packstack was the best way to have everything working as
it was supposed to after rdo finished

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Deepak Shetty <dpkshetty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Do we have any documentation on whats the right way in RDO for the Nova
> VMs connect to external network (eg: 8.8.8.8). I asked this on #rdo but
> didn't get a response, hence this mail.
>
> I am aware of the br-ex - eth0/1/2 magic (i know it from my devstack
> experience), but wondering if we need to do the same manually on the RDO
> network node or there is some automation way of achieving it in RDO ?
>
> I am on a 3-node RDO setup (Controller, Network, Compute), using
> rdo-release-juno-1.noarch
>
> thanx,
> deepak

Elías David.