[Rdo-list] rdopkg overview

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:12:21 UTC 2015

> On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 14:52 +0100, Jakub Ruzicka wrote:
>> For some time, I'm wondering if we should really call it rdopkg CI since
>> it's not really tied to rdopkg but to RDO. You can use most of rdopkg on
>> any distgit. I reckon we should simply call it RDO CI to avoid
>> confusion. I for one don't underestimate the impact of naming stuff ;)

I would call this particular job "RDO update CI"

> So I suppose Phase 1 would be a reduced to a basic packstack job that
> runs through w/ the update from the devels submission.
>
> Phase 2 addressed what happens when a group of submissions are pooled
> together. Does one submission break another submission that could not
> have been detected in the individual submissions themselves.  I see two
> options here..
>
> A. Let the issue get sorted out in the stage yum repo.
> B. Create a temporary yum repo with collection of submissions with a job
> hitting rdo production and the temporary repo.

Applying KISS I'd take A. Also let's rename stage to testing, to be
more like Fedora/EPEL updates process.
After RDO update passes Phase1 it will be pushed to the testing repo
and once stage/testing CI job passes, repo maintainer pushes all
updates live.

Cheers,
Alan