[Rdo-list] Image generation of current stable hangs

韩潮 hanchao at unitedstack.com
Wed Dec 16 09:52:30 UTC 2015

Hi All,

 Currently I am experiencing issues with the installation of RDO/TripleO. I followed the installation guide [1], but it seems the process for image generation is stuck each time on the same spot.

At the preparation I pulled the current Delorean repo file:
 sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-liberty.repo https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/current/delorean.repo as of now it refers to:

baseurl=http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/fc/09/fc098c4bad45ff168fe33b5fc7d11c3c45686bce_dd6915d9
When I perform the overcloud image generation:

openstack overcloud image build --all

It never gets out of the profiling step

+ echo '--------------------- END PROFILING ---------------------'
--------------------- END PROFILING ---------------------

meta-data=/dev/loop0             isize=256    agcount=4, agsize=282584 blks
         =                       sectsz=512   attr=2, projid32bit=1
         =                       crc=0        finobt=0
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=1130336, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0 ftype=0
log      =internal log           bsize=4096   blocks=2560, version=2
         =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1
realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0

The machine seems to hang. I have performed a virsh destroy and start of the instack machine at least twice, with the same result. And have also regenerated the whole deployment performing the same steps to see if this was reproducible. Unfortunately it seems to be the case.

We have been able to succesfully deploy and install the overcloud before with a previous stable release.

What could cause this?

regards,

Han Chao

 [1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/environments/environments.html