[Rdo-list] RDO bloggers: December 14

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 17:31:17 UTC 2015

Here's what RDO enthusiasts were blogging about last week.

Asking Me Questions about Keystone, by Adam Young

As many of you have found out, I am relatively willing to help people
out with Keystone related questions. Here are a couple guidelines.

… read more at http://tm3.org/47

Setting up a local caching proxy for Fedora YUM repositories, by Daniel
Berrange

For my day-to-day development work I currently have four separate
physical servers, one old x86_64 server for file storage, two new x86_64
servers and one new aarch64 server. Even with a fast fibre internet
connection, downloading the never ending stream of Fedora RPM updates
takes non-negligible time. I also have cause to install distro chroots
on a reasonably frequent basis for testing various things related to
containers & virtualization, which involves yet more RPM downloads. So I
decided it was time to investigate the setup of a local caching proxy
for Fedora YUM repositories. I could have figured this out myself, but I
fortunately knew that Matthew Booth had already setup exactly the kind
of system I wanted, and he shared the necessary config steps that are
outlined below.

… read more at http://tm3.org/48

Why cloud-native depends on modernization by Gordon Haff

This is the fourth in a series of posts that delves deeper into the
questions that IDC’s Mary Johnston Turner and Gary Chen considered in a
recent IDC Analyst Connection. The fourth question asked: What about
existing conventional applications and infrastructure? Is it worth the
time and effort to continue to modernize and upgrade conventional systems?

… read more at http://tm3.org/49

HA for Tripleo, by Adam Young

Juan Antonio Osorio Robles was instrumental in me getting Tripelo up and
running. He sent me the following response, which he’s graciously
allowed me to share with you.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4a

New Neutron testing guidelines!, by Addaf Muller

Yesterday we merged https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245984/ which adds
content to the Neutron testing guidelines:

… read more at http://tm3.org/4b

Rippowam, by Adam Young

Ossipee started off as OS-IPA. As it morphed into a tool for building
development clusters,I realized it was more useful to split the building
of the cluster from the Install and configuration of the application on
that cluster. To install IPA and OpenStack, and integrate them together,
we now use an ansible-playbook called Rippowam.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4c

In-use Volume Backups in Cinder by Gorka Eguileor

Prior to the Liberty release of OpenStack, Cinder backup functionality
was limited to available volumes; but in the latest L release, the
possibility to create backups of in-use volumes was added, so let’s have
a look into how this is done inside Cinder.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4d

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/