[Rdo-list] Post-Deploy extra configuration

Nuno Loureiro - ITCenter nuno.loureiro at itcenter.com.pt
Thu Dec 3 11:06:47 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I need to perform some post-deploy extra configurations on my overcloud
servers but only on the compute nodes.

I've benn using OS::TripleO::NodeExtraConfigPost . I can get it to perform
additional configurations on all nodes. The problem is the configurations I
need to implement are only for the compute nodes.

According to the documentation on
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/extra_config.html:

The OS::TripleO::NodeExtraConfigPost applies configuration to *all* nodes,
there is currently no per-role NodeExtraConfigPost interface.

I've trying to tweak with the templates in order it get it to work, but
without success, either it performs changes on all nodes or it doesn't
perform any change at all.

Does any of you know a way to get NOdeExtraConfigPost to work only with
compute servers, or have any hints or suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Thank you very much!

Regards