[Rdo-list] Current status of RDO Liberty CBS Repos and Bug "neutron-openvswitch-agent is crashing with "invalid literal for int() with base 10" error "

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:46:31 UTC 2015

Sorry, I saw https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247790/.  Disregard question.

From: rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com <rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets at hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:08 PM
To: Alan Pevec
Cc: rdo-list
Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] Current status of RDO Liberty CBS Repos and Bug "neutron-openvswitch-agent is crashing with "invalid literal for int() with base 10" error "

From: Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 12:11 PM
To: Ihar Hrachyshka
Cc: Boris Derzhavets; rdo-list

>> Mentioned Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1494281 contains :-
>> Fix merged to neutron (stable/liberty)
>> Reviewed: https://review.openstack.org/238485
>>     Properly handle segmentation_id in OVS agent

> Yes, RDO Liberty is affected (Delorean Liberty is not).
>
> Please RDO folks advice: should we backport the patch or wait till rebase?

"RDO folks" is all of us :)
General rule for RDO builds is stick to vanilla upstream sources
unless issue is a total blocker bug, high security fix or solving
packaging problem. So question is for openstack-neutron maintainers:
- ihrachys at redhat.com
- majopela at redhat.com
how to rate this issue.  But AFAICT Neutron 7.0.1 should be out any
day now[1] so I'd suggest pushing that release upstream then rebase in
RDO Liberty.

Sorry for stupid question, if 7.0.1 will be pushed to RDO Liberty  then commit
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron/commit/?id=f63366e615e2d4e799fe8072b450bce96f179c9e
would be just in tar ball. Does it mean then in properly configured environment following command would work
  (as admin ) #   neutron router-create --ha True --distributed True --tenant_id demo_id   RouterSuper
or it becomes possible only in final Mitaka Release.

What means last statement in https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1365473
  Armando Migliaccio (armando-migliaccio) on 2015-11-11
    Changed in neutron:
    importance:         High → Wishlist
?
Boris