[Rdo-list] [rdo-manager] Moving some rdo-manager components to git.openstack.org

James Slagle jslagle at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 19:04:58 UTC 2015

Recently, folks have been working on moving the rdo-manager based workflow
upstream into the TripleO project directly.

This has been discussed on openstack-dev as part of this thread:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/070140.html
Note that the thread spans into August as well.

As part of this move, a patch has been proposed to move the following repos out
from under github.com/rdo-management to git.openstack.org:

instack
instack-undercloud
python-rdomanager-oscplugin (will be renamed in the process, probably
                             to python-tripleoclient)

The patch is here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215186

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this move. We don't have a firm
timeline nailed down as it depends on when OpenStack infra accepts the patch.
At that point, I'll send out another mail here.

As there are some reviews still on review.gerrithub.io for these projects,
we'll need to handle that as well. We can either ask folks to repropose to
review.openstack.org after the move, or have 1 or 2 volunteers go through the
list and repropose everything themself (I'm happy to do it for
instack-undercloud). This has the downside of losing the previous review
history from gerrithub. I'm not sure if there is an elegant solution to this.

I've been trying to push forward many of the reviews against instack-undercloud
the last day or 2 to try and get as much committed as possible before the
import to git.openstack.org, but the CI on ci.centos.org has had quite a few
sporadic failures (mostly network hiccups causing yum download or git
clone errors).

--
-- James Slagle