[Rdo-list] Instack-virt-setup needs epel?

Christopher Brown cbrown2 at ocf.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 13:31:29 UTC 2015

Hi Tzach,

On Tue, 2015-08-18 at 14:15 +0100, Tzach Shefi wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Using below guide on centos7
>
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/docs/master/environments/virtual.html#preparing-the-virtual-environment-automated
>
> instack-virt-setup failed to run, I had to manually enable epel.

Yes, me too.

> If this is correct it enabling epel should be mentioned on guide.

Agreed. I think its already been mentioned but updating the RDO docs in
general doesn't seem to happen. The Packstack Quickstart is out of of
date but the page is locked for example.

> After enabling epel instack-virt-setup runs fine.
>
> --
> Tzach Shefi
> Quality Engineer, Redhat OSP
> +972-54-4701080

If you can nudge anything from the Red Hat end that would be good. Happy
to update docs where possible.

--
Regards,

Christopher Brown
Openstack Engineer
OCF plc

Tel: +44 (0)114 257 2200
Web: www.ocf.co.uk
Blog: blog.ocf.co.uk
Twitter: @ocfplc

OCF plc is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number
4132533, VAT number GB 780 6803 14. Registered office address: OCF plc,
5 Rotunda Business Centre, Thorncliffe Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35
2PG.

---