[Rdo-list] PackStack Robustness across reboots

sad man asadxflow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 02:48:26 UTC 2015

Hi Haikel, I don't know if this counts as a bug or not but on Centos 7,
after packstack is run successfully, "openstack-keystone" is not started
[inactive (disabled on boot)]. The log for keystone shows the error
"...Address already in use".

Workaround (source
<https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/66980/keystone-socket-error-errno-98-address-already-in-use/>)
:
Apparently httpd reserves the ports 5000 & 35357 during the packstack
setup.
So the ports (Listen 5000 & Listen 35357) have to be commented out in
"/etc/http/conf/ports.conf"
Then both httpd & keystone service have to be restarted using systemctl.

Result:
openstack-status shows openstack-keystone to be active

--
Cheers,

Asadullah Hussain