[Rdo-list] Packstack and rdo-manager, looking forward.

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Aug 15 02:50:38 UTC 2015

On 08/14/2015 09:07 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Revising this thread with my own reasons...
>
> On 08/05/2015 03:33 PM, Adam Young wrote:
>> RDO Manager does a lot more than packstack.  Too much, for many use
>> cases, which is why we have people continuing to use packstack. Where do
>> people use packstack?
>>
>> 1.  Demos
>> 2.  Development Work
>> 3.  CI
>
> Installing OpenStack on low-end hardware (1 NIC, no IPMI)

I'm guessing IPMI  is a requirement of the Ironic driver.

> or in VMs with nested virt.

This would work with the overcloud approach.

> Personally, I have some NUCs for a personal OpenStack cluster. I also
> have access to an internal OpenStack cloud and I want to test ODL for
> Neutron on that.

What it seem like we want is to get the capabilities of the Undercloud
installable on a single Fedora box, and then be able to install the
Overcloud on top of that.  An "undercloud light" based on libvirt?