[Rdo-list] PackStack Robustness across reboots

sad man asadxflow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:02:16 UTC 2015

Hi RDO folks, I need some suggestions regarding packstack + rdo robustness.
I have integrated the option to install RDO into CentOS installer and
"openstack-status" shows all services to be either active or inactive
(which I think means not "failed").

But on reboot some services randomly fail to restart e.g., horizon,
nova-network etc. are shown as "failed" after some reboots. There are some
"fixes" on the forums to restart these services.

I wanted some suggestions on how I can make a "robust" openstack setup (I
am using simplest "packstack --allinone") which doesn't fail.

​PS: Right now I am thinking of scripting ​these "fixes" and checking the
openstack-status on each reboot through systemd.

--
Cheers,

Asad