[Rdo-list] Permission denied on accessing an RPM file

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 3 13:29:41 UTC 2015

>> I agree with the metadata changing under our feet but since
>> yum/dnf unless configured otherwise do not expire immediately
>> metadata, we could circumvent that issue.
>
> Issue is that downloading metadata is not atomic: yum grabs
> repodata/repomd.xml which includes relative links to the rest of
> metadata. So using repo with "current" symlink would fail randomly.
> You might say it's low probability but it is a race and it has been
> seen in the practice.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

I have been discussing with upstream CI and having more reliable
repositories for delorean would help, as they hit the same issue.

Another solution would be mirroring delorean content somewhere else,
and have repo file pointing to the mirror. In case, delorean instance crashes,
we won't lose previous snapshots.

Regards,
H.