[Rdo-list] Objective - Feasible ?

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 21:14:31 UTC 2015

On 04/23/2015 04:59 AM, Outback Dingo wrote:
> Hi we are looking to deploy a new lab, for the feature set we would
> like the following
>
> RDO Centos 7.1 Kilo with XENServer 6.5, RiakCS and OpenDayLight
> controller.
>
> Basically We prefer XenServer to KVM, and wish to roll a RiakCS
> storage cluster,
> for Networking OpenDayLight managing the Network pieces, Ive figured
> out how to
> deploy the pieces, XenServer, no brainer..... RiakCS in a 3 node
> cluster ok.... check
> OpenDayLight.... on a node...... check... is it possible to use RDO to
> "wrap" them all
> together into a viable working solution, im not afraid of some manual
> intervention.
> Any insight into the pieces is welcome but it might be out of RDOs
> capabilities.

RDO doesn't cover OpenDaylight.  Unless someone has made OpenDaylight to
Keystone integration, I think you are going to have an authorization
quagmire on your hands.

I don't think Nova is capable of talking to OpenDayklight, so booting a
compute node and getting it on the Network is going to be broken at
worst, problematic at best.

No clue on how good the Xen support is  (suspect it is OK), but I think
that is the least of your problems with this setup.