[Rdo-list] rdoproject.org plans

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 21:13:22 UTC 2015

This has taken some doing, but I wanted to follow up on some earlier
conversations about the rdoproject.org wiki and possible better tools.

Shortly after the OpenStack Summit, we'll be migrating the website over
to us Middleman, rather than the current Vanilla + Mediawiki toolset.
Existing wiki documents, and the blog content in Vanilla, will be
migrated over to markdown files that will then be editable via Github.
(Exact details to be determined.)

We're not the guinea pigs in this process - the ovirt.org site is
undergoing a similar migration, so hopefully by the time they're done
we'll know all the things that can go wrong and avoid then.

This solves two immediate problems.

One is that the Google-based auth on the website is broken, and at this
time there's no working plugin that fixes the problem that we're having
there.

The other is simply bringing the site content management more into line
with the tools that we're using for everything else, and putting it
revision control along the way.

I will have more details, and dates, in a few weeks, but I wanted to let
you know that I haven't dropped this - it's just taken a while to work
out the process of importing and converting all of the content into the
new format.

Thanks again for your patience.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison