[Rdo-list] rdo-manager failures: instack-install-undercloud failing for non-obvious reasons

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 23:02:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 05:00:58PM -0400, James Slagle wrote:
> Are you on RHEL 7.1 or CentOS 7? I'll try to reproduce locally and see if I can
> get to the bottom of it.

This was on CentOS 7.  I sort of suspect a hostname-related problem,
only because I've seen exactly this sort of behavior before due to
hostname issues (to which rabbitmq seems unusually sensitive).

For the record:

- the undercloud host boots up with the name "localhost.localdomain".

- I run "hostnamectl set-hostname stack.localdomain".

- I edit /etc/hosts and add "stack.localdomain" as an entry for
  127.0.0.1.

- After running instack-install-undercloud and having it explode
  because something is looking for "stack.localhost", I add that as an
  alias for 127.0.0.1 as well.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/