[Rdo-list] Compute Node without firewall (iptables) and Linux bridge

Chris contact at progbau.de
Wed Oct 29 10:26:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

1) we just don't need it, we are using the provider network which includes
hardware firewalls.
2) We have huge performance problems regarding TCP_CRR / TCP_RR. The
OpenStack VMs can deal just half of TCP connections per second compared to
our bare metal installations. Throughput (10Gbit NIC) is fine though. Specs
VMs and bare metal are of course equal (RAM, Cores, etc.)

Did a lot of testing regarding the performance issues, it happens "after"
the both (br-int/br-ex) openvswitches. Upgraded ovs to version 2.3 just fyi.

Cheers
Chris