[Rdo-list] http URL to RDO-repository

Pádraig Brady pbrady at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 11:41:59 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 08:00 PM, Michael Unke wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> is there an alternative URL to the RDO repos other than
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/... ?
>
> We currently (since last week) have problems syncing this https repository, so a http mirror would be fine.

Yes the fedorapeople SSL settings were recently updated in response to poodle etc.
What platform are you having issue with?

I tried platforms to see where this hits, using:

  curl -LIv http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/

I get good connections on Fedora20, RHEL6 and Centos7 with:

  SSL connection using TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

Going back to an Fedora 15 VM I get:

  SSL connect error, NSS error -8092

Now it's the negotiation and fallback logic that was affected
in the recent poodle issue, so you may be able to specify the cipher
directly to avoid the issue on older plaforms.
For example on the problematic Fedora 15 VM above we can still
get a connection using the appropriate NSS cipher name:

  curl -LIv --ciphers rsa_aes_128_sha http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/

Pádraig.