[Rdo-list] Heat in RDO Juno M3

Arif Ali mail at arif-ali.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 21:08:49 UTC 2014

On 06/10/14 15:37, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 11:20:18PM +0100, Arif Ali wrote:
>> 1) The package heat-cfntools is no longer available in either of the rdo
>> repository or epel for el7, It was available for el6. How best can we get
>> hold of this package for CentOS 7. Or in-fact do we do the cfn-signal in a
>> different way, and we no longer need to use this command?
> You have always been able to use `curl` instead of `cfn-signal`.
> There are examples of that in the documentation.
hmm, I think that's a RTFM for me, as I was looking at your example;
thanks for the pointers again ;)

I will look that up
>> Error parsing template file:///root/hpc.yaml while scanning for the next
>> token
>> found character that cannot start any token
>>    in "<unicode string>", line 207, column 23
> I think that may suggest that you need to quote that value:
>
>            index_name: "%index%"
>
> The '%' sign introduces a YAML "directive" if used outside of quotes.

Perfect, that works. I tried this earlier, but I was doing something
wrong in the template that was included as part of the hpc.yaml. need to
test 1 thing at a time ;)

As a side question, is there a better way than doing the following to
concatenate a string with a paramater?

{"Fn::Join" : ["",["compute", { get_param: index_name }]]}

Arif Ali

IRC: arif-ali at freenode
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/arifali