[Rdo-list] Heat in RDO Juno M3

Arif Ali mail at arif-ali.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 13:40:43 UTC 2014

On 06/10/14 04:40, Amit Ugol wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 23:20:18 +0100
> Arif Ali <mail at arif-ali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been trying a few things in heat on Juno over the last few
>> days, and thanks to larsks on IRC, I managed to get really far. I
>> have encountered 2 problems
>>
>> 1) The package heat-cfntools is no longer available in either of the
>> rdo repository or epel for el7, It was available for el6. How best
>> can we get hold of this package for CentOS 7. Or in-fact do we do the
>> cfn-signal in a different way, and we no longer need to use this
>> command?
>>
>> 2) I have been trying to to give unique names/numbers to hosts that
>> are created through the "OS::Heat::ResourceGroup" resource, this
>> supposedly has a feature where we can use %index% to add unique
>> numbers to any of the variables. But this fails to work with the
>> following error.
>>
>> Error parsing template file:///root/hpc.yaml while scanning for the
>> next token
>> found character that cannot start any token
>>    in "<unicode string>", line 207, column 23
>>
>> I have pasted the contents of hpc.yaml that gives the error here ->
>> http://fpaste.org/139239/, this is an amended template from that
>> larsks pointed me to.
>>
>> Any insight on any of the above would be great
>>
>> --
>> Arif Ali
>>
>> IRC: arif-ali at freenode
>> LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/arifali
> Hi,
> If you can see the example here: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Heat::ResourceGroup
> If you give it a static name as a prefix it will pass validation.
>
> - --
> Best Regards,
>
>     Amit.

Thanks Amit,

I did look at that example numerous times, but maybe I was approaching
it incorrectly by forwarding the index name as a parameter to the resource

I just took a slightly different approach now, where I am now giving the
hostname to the resource, rather than forwarding the index itself.

Is it possible do to regular expressions similar to perl, such that I
can name them compute01 instead of compute1, which is what is being
done. i.e. also be able to some kind of mathematical calculations
according to the index

Also pointers on point 1 would be great as well if anyone has any?

thanks in advance