[Rdo-list] Plans for heat-cfntools on EPEL7

Jan van Eldik Jan.van.Eldik at cern.ch
Thu Nov 20 11:17:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

> I would like to know what are the plans to include heat-cfntools package
> in EPEL7 repo?
>
> At CERN we want to create our VM images with heat-cfntools but RDO repo
> comes with a lot of packages that we don’t want…

Our problem is: how to create an image that includes heat-cfntools + its
dependencies, and make sure that they get updated while also making
sure that no other RDO packages get updated.

Today that would be possible with a "includepkgs=heat-cfntools" in the
RDO yum repo definition, but this might break if future versions of the
package would introduce dependencies in other RDO packages.

We have had similar concerns for the cloud-init RPM in the past, where
we have alternated between EPEL6 and RDO as our upstream. It us not
obvious to us how to make that choice, so your thoughts and comments
would be much appreciated.

              thanks, cheers, Jan