[Rdo-list] Disabling and enabling OpenStack

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 10:25:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 06:39:18AM -0500, Kaul, Yaniv wrote:
> This was fine and dandy, but now:
> 1. I can't stop the openstack services:
> [root at lgdrm1499 ~]# openstack-service list |xargs openstack-service stop
> Too few arguments.

"openstack-service list" and other commands only operated on "enabled"
services (because you would not want to start services that were
disabled).  When you disable a service, that means you can no longer
operate on it with the openstack-service command.

In your situation, I would do this:

  openstack-service list > /etc/openstack-services
  openstack-service stop
  xargs systemctl disable < /etc/openstack-services

And then when you want to start things back up:

  xargs systemctl enable < /etc/openstack-services
  openstack-service start

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/