[Rdo-list] [Openstack] rdo havana to icehouse: instances stuck in 'resized or migrated'

Dmitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Thu May 22 14:20:57 UTC 2014

On 5/22/2014 5:09 AM, Nikola Đipanov wrote:

> So for this kind of upgrade to work, you will need to set an RPC version
> cap so that all your icehouse computes know they are talking to possibly
> lower version nodes and downgrade their messages.

My original e-mail (which I guess you haven't seen) stated "as per fine
manual", so yes, I put "compute=icehouse-compat" in there before
restarting the daemons.

> Please let me know if this works and if you need further assistance.

In another e-mail upthread I mentioned I'm moving my VMs back to plain
virsh because for the amount of time (times my pay) I already spent on
this we could've had a fully supported rollout of vmware -- and it's
still not working as well as virsh.

So no, I don't think I'll need any further assistance in the foreseeable
future, thank you.

Dimitri