[Rdo-list] enable dhcp on public network

Victor Barba victor.barba at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:54:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is my first post. Then forgive me if this is off-topic for this list
and ignore it :)

I need to assign public ips directly to my instances (not using floating
ips). The packstack installation out-of-the-box do not enable dhcp on the
public_net and then the ips are not assigned to the instances. How could I
solve this?

To be clear I need this:
--------- eth0 (192.168.66.1)

             | (br0 - 192.168.55.1) ----------------- VM (192.168.55.2)
                                                              VM
(192.168.55.3)

VM get ip by dhcp and gw is 192.168.55.1

eth0 and br0 have ip_forwarding enabled.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Victor