[Rdo-list] Openstack-sahara broken on rhel6

Dalmais Maxence maxence.dalmais at worldline.com
Tue May 6 15:54:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks again for your support.
I successfully installed your RPM and can launch Sahara.

Nevertheless,  I am not able to use it, because I am not able to register a new image.
When I try to do so ,  I have in log  from sahara, the error below :
        File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sahara/service/validation.py", line 73, in handler
            raise e
        IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/version_1_3_2/resources/ambari-config-resource.json'

After several attempts, I came to the conclusion that there is a problem with the tarball provided by openstack.
Specs files use to build the RPM download tarballs from http://tarballs.openstack.org/sahara/sahara-2014.1.tar.gz

In the tarball, the MANIFEST.in doesn't correspond to the content of the HDP plugins.

Manifest.in as
 include sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/1_3_2/resources/*.template
 include sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/1_3_2/resources/*.json
 include sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/2_0/resources/*.template
 include sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/2_0/resources/*.json

whereas file in the archive are
sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/version_1_3_2/resources/ambari-config-resource.json
sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/version_1_3_2/resources/default-cluster.template
sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/version_2_0_6/resources/ambari-config-resource.json
sahara/plugins/hdp/versions/version_2_0_6/resources/default-cluster.template

1-3-2 and version_1_3_2 doesn't match.
Same for 2_0 and version_2_0_6

Because manifest is not good, the resources files are not included in the binary rpm.

Do you think I am right, or am I missing something ?
Does anybody run a recent version of sahara with success ?

Maxence