[Rdo-list] Firewall issue/error when spawning instances on compute node

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Thu Mar 27 23:08:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I saw this issue too, I was just about to report it.

If I understand correctly, this is because of the openvswitch iptables
rules which are created (for security groups?)

`service iptables status`
Chain neutron-openvswi-s0ec3eb58-0 (1 references)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    RETURN     all  --  10.0.0.12            0.0.0.0/0           MAC
FA:16:3E:2E:B7:E3
2    DROP       all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

In your case, the MAC address is different -- FA:16:3E:67:64:A4

This issue also appears on icehouse w/ foreman, so it looks like it may be
the puppet modules at fault here

Andrew.