[Rdo-list] Deploying RDO using Foreman

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Mon Mar 10 19:46:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

 I posted a question regarding "Deploying RDO using Foreman" to
ask.openstack.org and thanks to Keshyap and Rich which engaged me to
proceed further, I updated the thread here:

https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/12104/deploying-rdo-using-foreman/

The post might be too long, here some more information about the reason
behind my question and some more questions:

I'm trying to learn Foreman for installing OpenStack and use it to deploy
RDO on top of RDO to provide some kind of OpenStack training / webinars and
later to run the whole thing on 6-8 bare metal machines and use it to
deploy OpenShift and write a tutorial about the whole thing and post it on
the RDO site, LinkedIn, etc.

About our BASE RDO environment:
Our RDO based 3 node environment is thanks to the latest update very stable
and very fast now and I've to thank all of you smart guys for doing such a
great work!

Our environment uses VLAN and the Foreman RDO installation shall use GRE
and Qemu (or LXC / Docker) to let us play with the whole thing and write a
tutorial about the whole thing.

So my questions:
Does the Foreman installation on top of a virtualized environment work at
all? (I guess yes)
Could a VLAN based BASE-Install be a problem to succeed with this scenario
(to have GRE on top of VLAN)? (I guess no)
Has someone tried such a scenario before? (I guess yes)
Could I use LXC / Docker instead Qemu?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice!
Arash