[Rdo-list] [OFI] Orchestration <-> Wizard Integration

Jirka Tomášek jtomasek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 15:23:41 UTC 2014

Dne úterý, 4. března 2014 16:10:06 UTC+1 Petr Chalupa napsal(a):

> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to start discussion about how the integration of
> Orchestration and Wizard will look like.
>
> The parts are:
> 1. Collecting the configuration of OS (OpenStack) infrastructure
> 2. Configuring Foreman's HostGroups and other stuff based on that
> configuration
> 3. Orchestrate the provisioning of the whole OS infrastructure in the
> right order using configured HostGroups and Dynflow.
>
> I am thinking that 1. and 2. will be part of the Wizard and 3. will be
> the orchestration's job.
>
> I am assuming that 2. is ±simple function using seed data and
> user-provided configuration that creates configured HostGroups. Meaning
> it does not need any of the workflow engine stuff that Dynflow provides.
>
> If so then developing these in parallel and connecting them later should
> be quite easy. I and Martyn can simulate the OS infrastructure
> provisioning with blank hosts for now.
>
> Petr

Hey,

Regarding the wizard, I have been looking around for rails solutions and
Wicked gem [1] seems like something we could use for steps 1 and 2.  As you
said, we basically need form with several steps that gets validated and
submitted.

I am not sure if Foreman already uses some kind of wizard which we might
use instead of Wicked. Please let me know if there is something like that.

[1]
http://railscasts.com/episodes/346-wizard-forms-with-wicked?view=asciicast

Jirka