[Rdo-list] [OFI] Orchestration <-> Wizard Integration

Petr Chalupa pchalupa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 15:10:06 UTC 2014

Hello guys,

I would like to start discussion about how the integration of
Orchestration and Wizard will look like.

The parts are:
1. Collecting the configuration of OS (OpenStack) infrastructure
2. Configuring Foreman's HostGroups and other stuff based on that
configuration
3. Orchestrate the provisioning of the whole OS infrastructure in the
right order using configured HostGroups and Dynflow.

I am thinking that 1. and 2. will be part of the Wizard and 3. will be
the orchestration's job.

I am assuming that 2. is ±simple function using seed data and
user-provided configuration that creates configured HostGroups. Meaning
it does not need any of the workflow engine stuff that Dynflow provides.

If so then developing these in parallel and connecting them later should
be quite easy. I and Martyn can simulate the OS infrastructure
provisioning with blank hosts for now.

Petr