[Rdo-list] Keystone w/Apache MySQL problem

Adam Huffman adam.huffman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:41:59 UTC 2014

I'm in the middle of changing my Icehouse Keystone to use Apache with
SSL. After implementing this change, I'm seeing a strange MySQL error
when I submit a keystone query e.g. 'endpoint-list':

2014-06-29 22:38:41.172 30284 TRACE keystone.common.wsgi
OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1045, "Access denied for user
'keystone'@'localhost' (using password: YES)") None None

The weird thing is that the user defined in
/etc/keystone/keystone.conf is in fact 'keystone_admin', as created
when this cloud was setup originally using RDO. From where is it
picking up that username?

I created a new MySQL user 'keystone' with the same privileges as
'keystone_admin' but that didn't make any difference.

Adam