[Rdo-list] [RDO] [CentOS] keypair-create hangs

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 09:23:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:45:42AM +0530, Udara Liyanage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Installed RDO on CentOS. However nova keypair-create test> test.pem
> keep on hangs and no key pairs are created.  What could be the
> solution?

Hmm, I'm using Fedora though, I don't see nova 'keypair-create' command
from Nova upstream sources.

It's 'keypair-add' isn't it?

    $ nova --help | grep keypair
        keypair-add         Create a new key pair for use with servers.
        keypair-delete      Delete keypair given by its name.
        keypair-list        Print a list of keypairs for a user
        keypair-show        Show details about the given keypair.

To use keypair-add, try that:

    $ nova keypair-add key1 > key1.priv
    $ chmod 600 oskey1.priv

I checked with this version: