[Rdo-list] python-*client packaging

Dan Smith dansmith at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 16:46:42 UTC 2014

> What about the point that the CI runs on what gets uploaded to pypi
> and therefore the random commits are not as thoroughly tested?

The commits are tested just like anything else, but projects that *use*
the client don't gate on the new code until it is released. So, a commit
to novaclient runs a full nova stack just like a nova patch would, and
should have anything else that uses it (like neutron) run against it as
well, which should prevent merging a patch against novaclient that
breaks neutron.

It does happen that we occasionally merge a patch that was fine at one
point, but races with another change in another project to create a
problem once it's released. However, that breaks the world and everyone
jumps on it immediately. Infrequent and short-lived.

--Dan