[Rdo-list] Metadata block until restart iptables

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 08:59:20 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 01:35:57PM +0530, Lakmal Warusawithana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Configured multi node RDO setup on centos 6.5 with gre tunneling. Instances
> are spin up correctly but metadata not received to instances. When restart
> the iptables on compute node, metadata received only instances that spin up
> in that compute node. Seems like iptables issue, wonder how to figure it
> out.
>
> Is anyone notice this? highly appreciate your help.

I was answering someone on #rdo IRC, and the below info helped them
(assuming you're using Neutron):

    http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/enabling-metadata-service.txt

And, my iptables rules w/ IceHouse, scroll down to the bottom:

    https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/rdo/IceHouse-Nova-Neutron-ML2-GRE-OVS.txt

Hope that helps a bit.

--
/kashyap