[Rdo-list] Quickstart should mention architecture requirements

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 17:12:32 UTC 2014

I just spent some time debugging an issue on #rdo in which someone
appeared to have done everything correctly but was unable to install
RDO because of several missing packages.

It turns out this was because they were working with an i686 CentOS
image.

I think we need to update the "Prerequisites" section of the
Quickstart document (http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart) to
indicate that we only support x86_64, because otherwise this is a
tricky failure mode to detect: there are no particular errors, and all
the .noarch packages still show up, so the problem is not immediately
obvious.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ irc
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | "   "  @ twitter