[Rdo-list] Icehouse multi-node - Centos7 - live migration failed because of "network qbr no such device"

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:42:23 UTC 2014

Could you please post /etc/redhat-release.

Boris.

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:57:12 +0200
From: ben42ml at gmail.com
To: rdo-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Rdo-list] Icehouse multi-node - Centos7 - live migration failed because of "network qbr no such device"

Hello,
I'm working on a multi-node setup of openstack Icehouse using centos7.Well i have :   - one controllor node with all server services thing stuff
  - one network node with openvswitch agent, l3-agent, dhcp-agent  - two compute node with nova-compute and neutron-openvswitch  - one storage nfs node
NetworkManager is deleted on compute nodes and network node.

My network use is configured to use vxlan.  I can create VM, tenant-network, external-network, routeur, assign floating-ip to VM, push ssh-key into VM, create volume from glance image, etc... Evrything is conected and reacheable. Pretty cool :)

But when i try to migrate VM things go wrong ...  I have configured  nova, libvirtd and qemu to use migration through libvirt-tcp.I have create and exchanged ssh-key for nova user on all  node. I have verified userid and groupid of nova.

Well nova-compute log, on the target compute node, : 2014-07-11 11:45:02.749 6984 TRACE nova.compute.manager [instance: a5326fe1-4faa-4347-ba29-159fce26a85c] RemoteError: Remote error: Unauthorized {"error": {"m
essage": "The request you have made requires authentication.", "code": 401, "title": "Unauthorized"}}

So well after searching a lots in all logs, i have fount that i cant simply migration VM between compute node with a simple virsh :
virsh migrate instance-00000084 qemu+tcp://<dest>/system

The error is : erreur :Cannot get interface MTU on 'qbr3ca65809-05': No such device

Well when i look on the source hyperviseur the bridge "qbr3ca65809" exists  and have a network tap device.  And moreover i manually create qbr3ca65809 on the target hypervisor, virsh migrate succed !

Can you help me plz ?What can i do wrong ? Perhpas neutron must create the bridge before migration but didnt for a mis configuration ?
Plz ask anything you need !

Thank you in advance.

The full nova-compute log attached.

Regards,