[Rdo-list] Outgoing traffic from instances! RDO icehouse with GRE fedora20

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 06:15:22 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 01:24:19AM -0400, Antonio C. Velez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using icehouse with GRE on fedora20 in two nodes 1 controller 1
> compute, everything is working great, I can loging to ssh to the
> instances and ping to the internet ect. but when I try to install
> something with yum it says conection timeout, conecting to public
> servers using ramdon ports 443, 80, 22 doesn't work.

> Someone can give me any clue of what is wrong?

I don't have answer to your specific question. But, for any Neutron
experts to take a look at this, you might want to provide additional
troubleshooting, like iptables rules, namespaces, routing info, etc.

Some resources:

    - http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html
    - https://github.com/larsks/neutron-diag
       - How to use it: http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/debugging-neutron.txt