[Rdo-list] ssh access to a fedora cloud image instance

Madko madko77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:22:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have an almost working openstack platform deployed via foreman. When I
launch an instance from the Fedora 19 cloud image, everything seems fine,
the VM is running on one of my hypervisor, but I can't access it (ping is
ok)...

I'm following this documentation
http://openstack.redhat.com/Running_an_instance

I only get a permission denied when I do the last part:

ssh -l root -i my_key_pair.pem floating_ip_address

I also try by importing an ssh key. Same error.

In the VM console, I see that CloudInit service is starting inside the VM,
no error are shown here. So my question is: Where are the logs for that
parts (cloud init server) in openstack ? Is the above documentation fine ?

best regards,

--
Edouard Bourguignon