[Rdo-list] RDO on Fedora 20

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 13:30:22 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 08:24 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> The Foreman is not supported on Fedora 20 because of the Ruby 3 dependency.
>
> And we do not package RPMs for OpenStack on Fedora if the version is
> already packaged in Fedora upstream. So if you want to install Havana on
> F20 you install the packages direct from Fedora, you don't need the RDO
> repo.

Also... I think at some point we made a decision that Fedora focus would
be on development, not on production deployments.  Given that Foreman is
more meant for production deployments (over Packstack), there isn't
really any focus on getting RDO + Foreman working on Fedora.

Fedora should work with Packstack and with devstack at all times though.

I know that Alvaro just got a patch for F20 into Devstack upstream, so
hopefully it should work now.

And if you find any issues w/ Packstack on F20 definitely let folks know

Rich/Mike, perhaps we need to make it clearer on the web site that we're
not supporting the combination of Foreman and Fedora for the time being?

Perry