[Rdo-list] CentOS 6.5 Guest image file available now

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 18 01:02:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 07:30:32PM -0500, Perry Myers wrote:
> Actually, I take part of my statement back... In RHEL/Fedora we have two
> types of images.  AMIs for AWS and qcow2 for kvm in general, which also
> works under OpenStack and oVirt/RHEV.

For Fedora, the AMI and the qcow2 contain exactly the same bits. We haven't
done much testing under anything but EC2 and OpenStack, though -- to a
lesser extent Eucalyptus. And, we don't do hvm on EC2, so that simplifies
things.

As we grow into covering more targets we may need to split things up more.
We definitely intend to at least cover CloudStack better.