[Rdo-list] RDO Full form

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Jan 3 19:19:08 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 02:15 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Perry Myers <pmyers at redhat.com
> <mailto:pmyers at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/03/2014 01:50 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>     > Hi
>     >
>     > What is the full form of RDO in http://openstack.redhat.com/Main_Page
>
>     I'm not sure what you mean by 'full form'.  Can you ask the question in
>     a different way?
>

> I mean is RDO an acronym or any abbreviation?

Ah, ok.

RDO has no expansion or longer name, officially.  It is not an acronym
or abbreviation for anything.

However, RDO does focus on building a distribution of OpenStack specific
to Red Hat operating systems (and clones of Red Hat operating systems).
 So, in some sense you can think of RDO as being a project started by
Red Hat to build a distribution of OpenStack.

The 3 letter meaningless acronym sort of comes from that line of thinking.