[Rdo-list] Openstack Havana: Metadata error

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Sun Feb 23 16:40:46 UTC 2014

Hi Raghavendra,

Which image are you using? How are you trying to log into your instance?
Does your cirros image work?

To fix the metadata error, I'd to adapt the route table on my CentOS image
like this:

ip route add 169.254.169.254/32 via 10.0.0.1

(10.0.0.1 is my gateway).

To persist the route table you shall use:

[root at temp ~]# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0
GATEWAY0=10.0.0.1 NETMASK0=255.255.255.255 ADDRESS0=169.254.169.254

HTH,

Kind Regards, Arash