[Rdo-list] Neutron configuration files for a two node Neutron+GRE+OVS

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 05:20:40 UTC 2014

(Please convince your mail client to wrap long lines, it's very
difficult to read your emails.)

On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 02:45:00AM -0500, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

[. . .]

> In new  attempt on fresh F20 instance Neutron-server may be started  only with
>
> [DATABASE]
> sql_connection = mysql://root:password@localhost/ovs_neutron
>
> Block like :-
>
> Port "gre-2"
>             Interface "gre-2"
>                 type: gre
>
> doesn't appear in `ovs-vsctl show` output  . Nothing works on Compute
> all Configs are the the same as in first attempt.

> The error from mysql, which I get "Access denied fror
> 'root"@'new_hostname' new_hostname as before is in /etc/hosts
>

> 192.168.1.147 new_hostname.localdomain new_hostname
>
> and in /etc/hostname
> new_hostname.localdomain
>
> For me it looks like bug  for neutron-server to be bind to 127.0.0.1
> ,actually, connected with MariaDB database.

It could possibly be. Please write a clear bug with full details and
proper reproducer steps.

> I did 2 attempts to reproduce it from scratch building Controller and
> every time Neutron-server start up limitation came up.

> Kashyap, my question to you :-
>
> Am I correct in my conclusions regarding Neutron-Server mysql
> credentials affecting network abilities of Neutron or libvirtd daemon
> is a real  carrier for metadata and schema would work only  on
> non-default libvirt's network for virtual machines ?

I don't follow your question. Please rephrase or if you're convinced,
please write bug with as much clear details as possible

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugFilingRecommendations

> Then working real cluster is a kind of miracle. It's under testing on
> daily basis.

Thanks for testing.

--
/kashyap