[Rdo-list] Concerning Rabbits

Ryan O'Hara rohara at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 05:15:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:05:30PM -0500, Mike Orazi wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 08:00 PM, Perry Myers wrote:
> > On 02/06/2014 11:20 AM, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> >> A new wiki page is available here:
> >>
> >> http://openstack.redhat.com/RabbitMQ
> >
> > Excellent stuff guys :)
> >
> > So... next step would be working with the Packstack folks to get
> > RabbitMQ as an option for basic Packstack configs (not HA stuff, just
> > vanilla RabbitMQ)
> >
> > And then beyond that, I know there is some work going on around HA
> > deployments via Foreman.  Probably we should make the HA RabbitMQ
> > configuration that Ryan outlined an option for Foreman deployments?
> >
> > Perry
> >

> +1, great work guys!
>
> On the packstack work, I'd like to ask if there is a significant amount
> of non-puppet work needed to make the rabbitmq configuration happen
> let's have some discussion around on the list about it.

The packstack guys can give an official answer, but I don't think it
would require much logic. I think John's original write-up showed that
you can drop RabbitMQ in and simply replace the rpc_driver parameter
in a handful of config files (glance being a slight deviation).

> We have hit a few cases where we things deviated between packstack and
> foreman simply because of a fair bit of work happening outside puppet.
> If we have to do some things outside of puppet both teams need to make
> sure to allocate time to do the work (or find a reasonable way to share
> non-puppet code).

The other bit of outstanding work is to fix a few bugs with
rabbitmq-server. John has a good handle on this, and I think we're
just waiting to get packages built.

We can start by getting the rabbitmq puppet modules into packstack and
foreman.

Ryan