[Rdo-list] Concerning Rabbits

Ryan O'Hara rohara at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 05:10:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:00:37PM -0500, Perry Myers wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 11:20 AM, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> > A new wiki page is available here:
> >
> > http://openstack.redhat.com/RabbitMQ
>
> Excellent stuff guys :)
>
> So... next step would be working with the Packstack folks to get
> RabbitMQ as an option for basic Packstack configs (not HA stuff, just
> vanilla RabbitMQ)

I think the basic RabbitMQ (non-HA) option in Packstack should be very
straightforward. Have packstack give the option of qpid or rabbitmq
(qpid default). If RabbitMQ is chosen, allow for the host/address and
port to be specified.

> And then beyond that, I know there is some work going on around HA
> deployments via Foreman.  Probably we should make the HA RabbitMQ
> configuration that Ryan outlined an option for Foreman deployments?

Maybe. I was forwarded a message earlier this week about mirrored
queues being a bit unstable. I'd like to see more testing with RDO and
RabbitMQ w/ mirrored queues, but I also understand that having the
means to deploy it makes it easier to test.

Ryan