[Rdo-list] Concerning Rabbits

Mike Orazi morazi at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 01:05:30 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 08:00 PM, Perry Myers wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 11:20 AM, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
>> A new wiki page is available here:
>>
>> http://openstack.redhat.com/RabbitMQ
>
> Excellent stuff guys :)
>
> So... next step would be working with the Packstack folks to get
> RabbitMQ as an option for basic Packstack configs (not HA stuff, just
> vanilla RabbitMQ)
>
> And then beyond that, I know there is some work going on around HA
> deployments via Foreman.  Probably we should make the HA RabbitMQ
> configuration that Ryan outlined an option for Foreman deployments?
>
> Perry

+1, great work guys!

On the packstack work, I'd like to ask if there is a significant amount
of non-puppet work needed to make the rabbitmq configuration happen
let's have some discussion around on the list about it.

We have hit a few cases where we things deviated between packstack and
foreman simply because of a fair bit of work happening outside puppet.
If we have to do some things outside of puppet both teams need to make
sure to allocate time to do the work (or find a reasonable way to share
non-puppet code).

Thanks,
Mike