[Rdo-list] libvirtd default configuration

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 19:14:07 UTC 2014

perhaps we have a misunderstanding... yogev wrote in the bug:
configuration doesn't write logs -> no libvirt log exists :)
libvirtd.conf currently has # for any logging  - which means nothing is
logged for libvirt, no debug, info, warn or error will be logged at all
because the logs for libvirt are disabled.
we did have an error where a libvirt domain was killed and I wanted to
look at the libvirt log to see what happened and this is when we found
no log exists...
after we manually changed the libvirtd.conf file a libvirt log was
created and than we also changed the log level to debug so that we can
debug something :)

basically, we can debate the debug log level issue but can we agree that
a log should exist and log erros?

--
Dafna Ron