[Rdo-list] Glance does not save properties of images

Daniel Speichert daniel at speichert.pl
Mon Feb 3 15:11:45 UTC 2014

The exact command here is not important because we primarily discovered this issue through Horizon.
disk_format and (I think) container_format MUST be given when image is created, otherwise Glance API server would not accept them if you omit it.

I tried adding image without disk_format and it is rejected. When I add an image with disk_format specified, image is correctly downloaded and saved but disk_format property is not saved to the database. Same with container_format and is_public. The only property that is saved is the name of the image.

Therefore I think the problem is not related to any sort of client (command) but the server itself, no client is able to omit disk_format property.
I ran Glance Registry in sqlachemy debug mode and pasted SQL queries before - they lack values for these properties.

We started to experience this problem 2 weeks ago after we reinstalled everything again according to Ansible recipe (so in fact all the configuration is the same). If there was a package update in that time it seems like the only reason for anything to change.

Regards,
Daniel Speichert